Blood Borne Pathogen Spill Clean Up Kit
The Bloodborne Pathogen Spill Clean-Up Kit contains everything you need for effective and safe clean up, disinfection and disposal of small bodily fluid spills. The OSHA compliant, biohazard cleanup kit provides cleaning tools and disposable personal protective equipment to safely clean up potentially infectious bodily fluids such as vomit, spit, blood, or urine.
Products you may like
- Only employees who have been trained and certified in using this bloodborne pathogen spill cleanup kit are allowed to clean a blood spill
- Do not attempt to clean a blood spill that is over one square foot in surface area
- Restrict access to the accident site. Rope, tape, or block off the affected area until it has been cleaned and disinfected.
- Retrieve the contents of the bloodborne pathogen spill cleanup kit. The kit contains disinfectant, disposal bag, twist-tie, gloves, shoe covers, gown and face shield.
- Put on rubber gloves, face shield, disposable gown, and shoe covers prior to cleaning up the spill.
- Spray the disinfectant on the blood spill and completely saturate the spill. Wait 2 minutes prior to mopping up the spill. This wait time is critical to ensure the blood is disinfected.
- While waiting, assemble the first mop handle and the first mop head. Clean the disinfected blood spill using the first mop. Do not get closer than necessary by using the mop handle correctly.
- After cleaning as much as possible with the first mop head, respray the disinfectant over the remaining spill.
- Spray the first contaminated mop head with disinfectant. Remove and dispose of the mop head in the plastic bag provided.
- Attach the second mop head, spray with disinfectant, and re-clean the area of the blood spill.
- Spray the second mop head with disinfectant. Remove and dispose of the mop head in the plastic bag provided. Place the remaining handle in the bag provided.
- Review the cleanup site. If you were not able to remove all of the spill you may need to retrieve another bloodborne pathogen spill cleanup kit to complete the procedure.
- Spray the gloves, shoe covers, and gown with the remaining disinfectant before removing. Remove the shoe covers, gown and face shield and place in the plastic bag provided. Carefully remove the gloves by pulling them off, allowing them to turn inside out. Place the gloves into the plastic bag provided.
- Tie off the bag with the twist-tie provided, and dispose of the plastic bag in the regular trash.
- Wash hands with soap and running water as soon as possible. If hand washing facilities are not available, use antiseptic wipes or hand sanitizer.